Saturday, December 10, 2011

An early and welcome arrival!

Written yesterday, December 9, 2011:

Our darling little GIRL, Adelaide [Middle Name Yet Unchosen] Heaton, arrived today at 3:38 p.m. I must confess that they have just given me an Ambien to help me sleep, and it's probably time for me to stop trying to blog before my ramblings become hallucinatory and I try to buy wildly expensive collectibles on Ebay (true story), I'll press through the wooze to say she weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces, was 20" long, has a little covering of short, dark hair...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Written today, December 10, 2011:

Well, that was a bust. I fell asleep on the keyboard and the nurse later came to check on me and gently suggested it "looks like you're done with your computer?" I was so tired, after having been awake for 40 hours or so, and, you know, delivered a baby.

Here she is. Again, ignore the tired mama and focus on the beautiful baby. She's so cute and seems tiny to me, after her near-nine-pound brothers.





Yay, she's here!

6 comments:

  1. so so so excited for you and seething with jealousy just a bit :) She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooooooooo Cute!! CONGRATULATIONS! Hope that you get some rest. Ha ha, not with a new baby. Why were you up for 40 hours anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! So happy she's here and healthy. Now, get some rest...'cause once you get home you're not seeing the back of your eyelids for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandmom says: Adelaide is gorgeous! I plan to see her soon! Love you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i've wrote "she's beautiful" on every pic of her...but i don't care, i'm writing it again! she's BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to hear "the story." hope you are getting some sleep! love you and congrats to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great name. Congrats. I am so happy for you to get a girl. Well, happy and jealous :) Hope you enjoy your christmas!

    ReplyDelete