Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ohhhhh Nooooo!

This was my left arm two days ago:


Here it is today. It's...different. Different is good, right?


Here's something not good. I don't know if you can tell from my neck/chest below, but two days ago I developed itchy hives all over my body. Apparently my immune-response function is so stressed out by the intense poison ivy that it created its very own, special histimine reaction. Wha??? But that's definitely not the worst...


Look at my poor baby! I'm so upset! Last night Sawyer had a few small red spots on his left cheek. I put Cortaid on them and hoped for the best, but he woke up up looking like this:



We went to the dermatologist together today and got all kinds of creams and prescriptions. I hope by medicating his rash early we can keep it from turning into a case like mine. Also, I need to try to identify what remaining item in our home has not been rid of poison ivy oil, and thoroughly clean it. (Or throw it away. Considering doing that with my dirty dishes.) I don't understand what could have the oil on it and could come in contact with only his face and neck, and only within the past 48 hours (now that it's been 11 days since we were originally around the poison ivy, and no one else has had any new outbreaks). The doctor wasn't entirely sure Sawyer has a poison ivy reaction, but is at a loss as to what else it could be. I feel completely awful. Like the worst mom in the world. The thought of Sawyer going through the pain and discomfort I experienced is worse than going through it myself.

From what I hear, my dad is recovering will from his heart attack. I still don't like it, though. Not one bit! As excited as Tyson is to be going on vacation to Utah without us, I'm still entertaining fantasies of driving out there with the kids. And...never coming back??

Tyson's job seems to be running a little more smoothly this week. It would about have to be!

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes it would be nice to go to sleep and wake up when everyone was healthy again...

    Sorry Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that Seinfeld where Kramer was cleaning his meat cutter with Jerry's towel so Jerry got a rash? Maybe check that out at your house, I know you cut a lot of your own meat. :) Sorry to hear Sawyer is getting the rash. At least he got it when you are feeling a little better? Life seems WAY too hard for a lot of people I know right now, maybe have a fake fight with me so you won't be affected by my curse? Those are all the ideas I have.. Love you, hope you all get better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! What a week you have had! I hope things get better soon! You will love having a little girl! I had two boys before my girl too and it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandmom says: It breaks my heart to see you and Sawyer with those darn sores. And Sawyer looks so sweet and patient through it all. I'm surely hoping the medications will soon take effect! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh No!!! I am so sorry! What can I do for you? Do you need some cookies? Your arm and rash look terrible, and poor Sawyer. I'm glad that you went to the doctor. Hopefully his rememdies will do the trick. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have decided that I will accept nothing short of a five-day visit from Beck. Make Tyson bring him to me. Stat. Have I mentioned lately that Utah kicks Pennsylvania's bum?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah!!! that sucks so bad!!! oh man i'm so sorry!!! it sounds like you are doing a little better from that, but holy crap that would suck!! and no...i don't think you are a horrible mother if sawyer got the oils from you. it happens. at least you got to experience it together? :/

    ReplyDelete