Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Utah Not Pictured

The boys and I returned yesterday from our trip to Utah. We were there for 2.5 weeks. Unfortunately I was sick for the first two weeks of the trip (REALLY sick for the first week, bleh), so that cut down on our fun a little and I didn't get to see some dear friends I really was hoping to spend time with. I guess there will have to be a next time!

I forgot my camera, so the only pictures from the trip are on my cell phone. We visited my grandparents in Monticello, spent a week in Park City with my family, and spent a nice (partial) weekend in Paradise with Tyson's family. My dad also treated us to a fun day at Liberty Park, where the boys got to ride the little rides, feed ducks, and play at the playground, and we all enjoyed a nice lunch. I got to see my Short Girl Posse for a few hours at Emily's house, but I did not get to see any other friends. Boo!

Back to real life now. This morning I have been unpacking and sorting clothes the boys and I are growing into/out of. Such a fun chore! I have about 15 loads of laundry ahead of me and the house needs a thorough cleaning. Yippee.

It is great to be back home to Tyson. We all missed him a lot while we were gone. However, I find myself feeling not just homesick for friends and family (like I have been ever since we moved), but actually homesick for Utah or maybe just the western/mountain states in general. I miss the mountains and the open space and the friendly people and the low prices and the dry air, etc. Hopefully this homesickness will wear off as I get back into the swing of things here in Pennsylvania and as I make it a point to enjoy all the things out here that Utah *doesn't* offer -- proximity to the ocean, big cities, historical sites, cheesesteaks, etc.

I must say it's a shame that Utah is not pictured. It was as green and beautiful as I have ever seen it. I swear to you that the Mt. Sterling/Wellsville area of Cache Valley could have been Ireland! Even though it snowed on us several days in Park City, it was gorgeous there, too. I got to see flowering trees in Logan, officially making this the longest spring I have ever experienced. Trees were just starting to bloom in Williamsburg, VA when we were there in early March. Soon after I saw spring again in Washington D.C., then it came to Doylestown, and now I got to see it in Utah as well, three months after my first glimpse. I'll try to let the memories of a long and beautiful spring tide me over through what is looking to be a hot and humid summer. I think it's supposed to be 98 degrees here tomorrow, which I promise feels a lot hotter than it sounds! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. A friend took me out to lunch at a place in salt lake that had REALLY good philly cheesesteak sandwiches. It's like having your utah, and eating your cheesesteaks too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 98 degreese?! Like the (awesome) boy band? Good grief. It was beautiful here today; warm and sunny with slight, cool breeze...until that breeze turned into a weird microburst and black clouds gathered over the mountains and lightning was striking every minute or so and rain pelted (at sporadic intervals) for a few hours. Utah weather is psycho -- but I think I would miss it if I had to go without it (especially the dry air).

    So...I think I might come visit you in January! That is, if I'm welcome. :) I'm thinking over Martin Luther King Day. What say you?

    P.S. I have some photos that I'll send to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the humidity of east coast summers! Don't miss those. We once went outside to run through sprinklers to "cool off." We just felt more muggy and hot and sweaty.

    Too bad you can't mail a Philly Cheesesteak. That sounds really yummy. I'll have to ask Alice where she went. There's a new place in Bountiful, over where Cvar's used to be (or thereabouts), but I never know if it's going to be a hit or miss and don't always like the risk when it comes to food.

    And the weather is totally lame right now. Back down to 68 this weekend. It's the end of June. And I feel like, "Really?" I guess that's good for flooding. I'll stop rambling now. I just like to leave you really long comments.:)

    ReplyDelete