Thursday, March 11, 2010

We're MOVING!!??!!

I'll bet some of you thought we were going to stay put here in our newly-purchased home in Cache Valley for a while. I know I did. Well, joke's on you (and me)! We are moving to...



Pennsylvania! As you can see from the map, it's a long way from home. Tyson received a promotion/transfer from his work. We didn't have to take the job, but we decided it is a good step to take for his long-term career. My feelings are a little mixed. I'm excited about the new opportunity, and the adventure, but I'm very sad to move away from all our dear family and friends.

The plant where Tyson will be working is in Souderton, which is in the Philadelphia suburbs about 30 miles northwest of downtown Philadelphia (lower right corner of the map below). Don't worry, that 30 miles takes almost an hour and a half to drive, the way the traffic and roads are out there.


So, this will be a huge move of over 2000 miles, with two kids, two cars, and a houseful of stuff. You'd think we'd give ourselves at least a couple of months to make it happen, right? No way! We're Heatons! That's not how we do things! Tyson accepted the job offer on March 8th, and his first day is April 1st. His last day of work here is March 23. We're still working out the details. There's a possibility the kids and I may stay behind for a few weeks or a few months, or we might try to make it happen all at once.

Job #1 is finding a renter for our house. We just barely bought it, so we don't want to sell it at this time. If anyone knows anyone looking for a nice three bedroom 2.5 bath townhome in Cache Valley, please send them our way!

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow that is big news!! It seems that you guys always have fun adventures going! Let me know how we can help during the process! You'll be missed around here, but what a fun adventure!! Serisously call for packing/babysitting help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my friend!! road trip for us!! :) we love you guys and are so happy for this new journey in your life!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is crazy! I have to admit that the trip to the Virginia side a DC is even longer than the trip to Phili, but still, you'll now be our closest relatives by about a thousand miles--that's a comfort, right? What's a three or four hour trip anyway? Maybe we could meet at the beach sometime...sorry...I realise that these aren't exactly the details that you're needing the pin down here, but I'm excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete