Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wanted to post, but...

By the time I got the pictures from my camera (over a month's worth), sorted and cropped them, and got distracted reading blogs and surfing the internet (who me? distracted?), well, it's almost 1:30 a.m. and I just don't think I have it in me to make a post that covers the past month-plus. I haven't even resized the pictures yet!

But stay tuned. I'm sure in the next few days I'll manage to update the old bloggy. Right after I finish unfurling the limbs of my fake Christmas tree, and maybe hang some decorations on it (I never made it to that step last year). Yes, I barely got the tree out today, and cranked up the Christmas music for the first time. I haven't bought a single Christmas present. Grinchy McScroogester (aka Tyson) has been talking a lot about rampant consumerism, and our nation's trade deficit, and how cold it is, and how much he hates the holidays. For me, the snow is beautiful (for now...you can bet I won't feel the same when it's still on the ground in May), the holidays are lovely, and I can think of a few practical items I wouldn't mind finding under the tree (dustbuster, down pillow, snow boots, inside doormats/rugs, food processor) or maybe some impractical items too (earrings, perfume, massage or pedicure gift certificate). Hahaha, I don't think Tyson reads the blog, so my hints are probably for nothing. Posting pictures would probably work better, but I'm too lazy and I don't really NEED any of this stuff anyway.

Anyway, here is one picture of my cute, happy little guys.


And my handsome, wonderful (even if he is a Scrooge) big guy.

1 comment:

  1. You're supposed to wait until AFTER the christmas shopping is done to talk about rampant consumerism.

    :)

    We are trying to simplify this year (although we say that every year), and spend a little less and save a little more. Over the last couple of years, I've managed to get out of all the little friend-gift-giving-groups that my kids were in. The gifts are always dollar store junk, and we don't need dollar store junk, and we don't want to buy dollar store junk. No reason to buy gifts just to give them- if there's going to be a gift, it ought to be meaningful. My siblings are all getting a box of home canned foods. We did that last year, and they all loved it.

    ReplyDelete