Friday, September 4, 2009

KSL Funnies

Furnishing the new place has involved a lot of browsing on the ksl.com classified ads. I say browsing, rather than buying, because the items I would like to buy are in Salt Lake, and I don't feel quite up to a trip to SLC with the two kids just yet. Making it to the doctor's office three blocks away has been adventure enough!

Anyway...after I started regularly visiting the KSL classifieds, I began to notice some interesting spellings and funny ads. I have been keeping a list for quite some time, and I thought I'd share it with my dear reader(s). Now, I don't expect people to run a spell check on their classified ads...that's overkill. But I guess I DO expect the general (Mormon) public to know the difference between wrought iron and the iron rod!

(Oh, and please forgive me for any typos of my own in this post. I'm typing one-handed while rocking the baby to sleep.)


----------

KSL Funnies:


wrought iron

=

rod iron

rot iron

iron rod

iron rot

------------------------


armoire

=

armoir

armour

arnwa

armwa

armor

airmore (but this one was just a typo)

a moire

ar moire

amore'
---------------

ottoman

=

automan

ottomon

ottaman

autumn - "2 matching micro-fiber autumns"

outoman

odimen

---------------------

papasan

=

papason

popason

papazon

---------------------

trundle =

trindle

truffle

Day bed
Roy, UT 84067 - May 17, 2009
Good condition. Has been in storage and just don't use it anymore. It doesn't have a truffle.
Call after 3 pm.

----

Shabby Chic

=

Shabby Sheik

Shabby Chick

----

Mditrainian stand ???

----

Drawer

=

6 Drewer Dresser
oak dresser with 6 drewers,fair condition. has a wood stain on the top of the dresser but it still useable. nice and drewers are very spacey. call if interested. see my other adds as well.

droor

---

HUGH BROWN COUCH
Riverton, UT 84065 - Aug 28, 2009
This couch is Hugh! The cushions measure 3 feet by 3 1\2 feet. I bought it from RC Willy a couple of years ago. It needs a good cleaning. It’s like sitting on a feather bed. I love it but I am moving and it’s got to go.

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing these people are able to sell their goods. How does one go about searching for and successfully finding a Hugh Couch or a dresser with many Drewers? Just when my faith in humanity was about to be restored!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally my pet peeve as well! You really got some funny ones there. I think I need to get a rot iron armwa for the wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! that's funny! by the way...keven and i are really wanting to sell our couches! :) so much that we may even consider taking them up to you if you are interested! :) let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how so many people are so, umm, lacking.

    :)

    ReplyDelete