Monday, August 24, 2009

Thanks, wonderful sisters!

My multi-talented sister Kara took these beautiful pictures of Beck when he was three days old. Thanks, sister!

And speaking of wonderful sisters, my sister Krista, who lives here in Logan, has been going out of her way to visit me and help me out with the kids. Last time she was here she assembled a piece of furniture for me and picked a bunch of gold flecks off of half a batch of clean laundry (don't ask). She even brought me some Blue Bunny Toasted Almond Fudge ice cream, and some movies to watch so I don't die of boredom while feeding the baby all night. Oh, and she brought some Disney movies for Sawyer to watch so he doesn't maul me and the baby while I am feeding the baby all day. I have great sisters!

As for me, I'm hanging in there. Barely. I remember the first few weeks with Sawyer being pretty overwhelming. Wonderful, but overwhelming. The hormones, the lack of sleep, the upturned lifestyle, the struggles of breastfeeding, the insatiable hunger (but no time to eat) -- it's all back again, but this time I have a toddler to chase, too! I know it will get easier as time goes on, but for now I just have to celebrate small victories (I made the bed and did two loads of laundry, or, I bathed both the kids and no one pooped during the process) and not worry too much about the boxes that still need to be unpacked.









5 comments:

  1. Oh my word he is beautiful! Those pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kara is talented! Those pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's beautiful Lisa. You look awesome. I've found it is the small accomplishments of the day that you have to strive for, and not too many at a time. Enjoy as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling boy! Thanks for posting how you are feeling, makes me feel better about the days to come. My big accomplishment today was getting out of my pjs before noon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Such a cute baby. I love newborns. I hope you and Tyson and Sawyer are doing well. Yay babies!

    ReplyDelete