Tuesday, May 5, 2009

18-month & 26-week Checkups

Sawyer and I shared a doctor visit today for our 18-month and 26-week checkups, respectively. We are fit as fiddles! Sawyer weighs 25 lbs, 4 oz and he is 33 inches long. I weigh over five times that much, but the doctor said my weight gain is "perfect". Ha! I know I weigh less than I did at this point in my last pregnancy, so I guess I was "not-so-perfect" last time. I guess the All-Apple-Pie-All-The-Time diet is a keeper. That, and carrying around the 25-pounder all the time.

Sawyer had to have three vaccinations, and now I guess he is done until just before kindergarten. He was a champ, though the shots seemed to hit him harder than they have before. After a dose of Tylenol when we got home, he slept for three hours. When he woke up, he wanted to do nothing but sit on the couch in his blankets and watch cartoons while clutching a bowl of pretzels and a cup of orange juice. I've never seen him voluntarily stay in one place for so long. Poor little tyke! He was a bit cheerier by evening, and we had some fun watching American Idol together. He kept looking over at me while Adam Lambert was singing. He was kind of bemusedly grinning, like, "What on EARTH, Mom?!?!" as he looked from the TV to me and back again.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but Sawyer finally started REALLY walking just before his 18-month birthday a few weeks ago. He is still high-stepping/walking like ET and/or Frankenstein. It's cute! He is becoming quite talkative, though most of his words are unintelligible. The ones I can make out:

Uh-oh (most frequently said word)
Mama
Dada, Dad
Papa
No, No no - Nuh, nuh nuh
Hi
Amen - Ameh (he folds his arms really cute and then says this after someone finishes about one sentence of the prayer)
Dog - Dah
Kitty - Kiki
Bottle - Bah or Bahbah
Milk - Mih
Banana - Nanana or Nana
Orange - Nuhnuh
Apple - Aaaaa
Cracker - Cacko
Cookie - Coco
Knock-knock - Nah nah
Night-night - Nigh nigh
Baby - Dehdeh (sounds a lot like Dada - I don't know why he says this one with a D, when he can say lots of other B words)
Vroom
Cuckoo (he picked this up from the clock at Grammy & Papa's house)
Thank you - Daytu
Bye, Bye-bye
Mine - My
Book - Buh
Ball - Bah(l)
Bath - Baa

Also working on: Grammy/Grandma, which comes out (if it does) as Gaga or Gaggy

Tyson still has the camera, so I couldn't take a picture of poor little Sawyer all cuddled up on the couch.

2 comments:

  1. My kids called grandma and grandpa bama and bapa. (well, grandma was mama for a long time, which you'd think would have been confusing, but it didn't seem to be).

    Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed your post about the new words. Congratulations hun, for your pregnancy. I arrived here randomly and now your blog it's on my favourites list. I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories on line. Did you already choose the names? I remember I spent a lot of time chilling out choosing my baby names. Here a great link http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ Let us know how it's going!! Jo and her little Marlow

    ReplyDelete