Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sawyer says...

I will admit stealing this from my friend McKenzie's blog (check out "Israelsens" at right...she has some fun posts and links). I wrote these down in Sawyer's journal* a few nights ago, but I thought I would let everyone make some guesses.

So, can you understand an almost-17-month-old? The list below is my best approximation of the "sounds" of the words in Sawyer's vocabulary. Copy the list into a comment, and give me your guesses about each word. The one who gets the most right will be presented with a major award.

Mama
Dad or Daaaaa or Dada
Papa
Ba or Baba
Bah Bahy
Boouh
Bah
Baa
Nuh or Nuh Nuh
Uh-oh!
Dah
Kikiki
Tikkatikkatikka
Mih
Nye Nye


*Don't be too impressed about me keeping a journal for Sawyer. I write in it every two or three months, and even *that* effort wears me out so much that I never get around to writing in my own journal.

Oh, and if you're wondering what I'm doing on my blog at 1:15 a.m., Tyson is in Atlanta for work, and I hate going to bed without him in the house (he doesn't always go to bed when I do, but I like knowing he is here). I stay up late when he is gone so I'll be exhausted when I go to bed and fall immediately to sleep.

I will be revealing the gender of the new baby later today (March 19).

No comments:

Post a Comment