Saturday, March 28, 2009

Budding Virtuoso

Earlier this year, my mom and dad surprised me by asking if they could buy me a full-size electric piano. I was so excited! I took years of piano lessons when I was a little girl, and I have long wanted to be able to pick it up again. However, purchasing a piano has not been financially or logistically realistic. I still look forward to the day I am more settled in a "real" house and can purchase a beautiful piano, but this gift from my parents has given me a lot of enjoyment already. When we have a little room in our budget for luxuries, I hope I can take lessons and start improving my skills. For now, I tinker around with the hymnbook and other books my mom lent me. The keyboard has lots of cool settings and functions, most of which are out of my league.

I'll tell you who else is a big fan of the piano. This kid right here...

He loves to toddle over to the keyboard and pound on the keys. He's always so disappointed when it doesn't make any sound! I can't help but turn it on for him and let him play around a little. Sawyer has also learned how to climb up onto these chairs, so he'll get himself right up there like a little professional.

You can't tell me this isn't adorable!


1 comment:

  1. I just have to say he has the cutest smile I have ever seen

    ReplyDelete