Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sawyer!!!

I know, I know, I'm so far behind on my blog. I haven't even added the last half of our trip (though I did finally get around to getting the photos on my computer today), let alone what has been going on since. But I didn't want to let that stop me from wishing my baby boy a happy first birthday!

I was up very late last night when I go involved in reading a blog my friend Chelsea linked to on her blog. (You can find the blog, written by a woman named Stephanie, here, and I'm sure you'll see why I was so engrossed.) Anyway, being up so late by myself gave me time to really think back on what I was doing exactly one year ago. You know -- writhing in pain and telling my husband we had to go to the hospital RIGHT NOW or I was never going to make it!

All the pain was worth it when they placed my little, as-yet-unnamed baby in my arms for the first time. I can't believe how fast this year has flown by, and how much Sawyer has grown and changed. We are having a little birthday party for him tonight at my in-laws', and my family is coming up on Saturday for a celebration of all the fall birthdays in the family.

I don't have my old pictures on this computer, so I had to steal this off my Facebook, but here is Sawyer just a few hours old.



And here is what greeted me a few days ago when I asked Tyson to diaper and dress Sawyer. Very creative, Dad, very creative.

Happy Birthday, Sody!

3 comments:

  1. At least the diaper was on correctly.

    :)

    Happy Birthday Sawyer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a cutie! Glad you guys had fun on your trip and are back safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! =) He is so cute!!! Thanks for putting up the cute pics of him and Hadlee. I had my baby last week!!! I have a few pics on my blog. I'm glad you made it back safe.

    ReplyDelete