Tuesday, August 12, 2008

37 Things

My cousin(-in-law) Kate tagged me to do this meme. (By the way, Kate, congrats on the teaching job!!!) I really should be packing/sorting right now, but I'll waste some time on teh internets instead.

1. Do you like blue cheese? LIKE is definitely not a strong enough word to describe how I feel about any and all cheeses.

2. Have you ever smoked? No.

3. Do you own a gun? As an individual, no. As a household, yes.

4. What flavor Kool-Aid was your favorite? I'm not familiar enough with Kool-Aid flavors to choose a favorite. All I know is, all the kids and that big red pitcher of smiling Kool-Aid were always having so much fun on the commercials when I was a kid.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No, though a time or two I have been nervous waiting for "results".

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I love hot dogs, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I don't think about what's in them, or the fact that they were once liquefied meat (just like the "roast beef" at Arby's), and frankly, if I ever DO think about those things, they don't really bother me! I like to get my hot dogs at Maverik and dress them up with almost every condiment available at Maverik's extensive hot dog station. Except chili. The thought of chili dogs disgusts me.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? I like "Love, Actually". I also like "A Christmas Story", "Christmas with John Denver and the Muppets" (I have the soundtrack to that one), and "Home Alone" (soundtrack to that one, too).

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Usually just the milk from my cereal bowl, if anything. If I am having toast and eggs for breakfast, then orange juice.

9. Can you do push ups? I haven't tried for ages (and for some reason Blogger won't let me un-bold this answer).

10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Besides my wedding ring, it's a bracelet that belonged to my Grandma Baker, who passed away when I was nine. She received it from her father as a high school graduation present. My Aunt Patty gave it to me when I graduated from high school, and it has been one of my prized possessions ever since.

11. Favorite hobby? Whatever catches my interest at the time. But I always like trying new restaurants, reading about restaurants, and trying new foods.

12. Do you have ADD? See #11. On a more serious note, no; I just like entirely too many different things and prefer planning and starting projects to seeing them through.

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Yes. Yes, please. Until reading Kate's answer to this question, I didn't know anyone who had a stronger prescription power than I. Mine are 6.5 and -7.25, I think (too lazy to check the boxes right now, even though it bugs me to not be FOR SURE about details like this).

14. Middle name? Marie, or Baker...one of those

15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment. I should be doing something more productive right now. I hope the baby hasn't somehow taken his diaper off again in bed (like two nights ago). I wonder when Tyson will be home.

16. Name three drinks you regularly drink. Milk, water, tastes of Tyson's Coke (with lime wedges) that HE regularly drinks.

17. Current worry? Cleaning up this house.

18. Current hate right now? I can't think of one.

19. Favorite place to be? Here are some lyrics from She-Daisy that explain it:

Ooh, life's so sweet right here in the passenger seat.
Ooh, yeah, life's so sweet.
When I look to my left see his suntanned hands,
His muddy river hair and his thousand acre plans.
I'm all shook up like a quarter in a can.
Ain't life sweet in the passenger seat, yeah.

20. How did you bring in the New Year? We were at Tyson's parents' house, where they have a yummy dinner and gathering. They always have insane amounts of chilled shrimp (shell-on) in these huge silver mixing bowls from the bakery, all full of ice. This year I was so tired when I went upstairs to put Sawyer to bed (he was two months old), that I fell asleep on the floor right next to him. The first year I celebrated New Year's Eve at the Heatons', when it got close to midnight I started excitedly saying, "Let's go watch the ball drop!!!!!" This was met by blank, confused stares from all his siblings (ages 6 to 20 at the time). They don't have their TV hooked up to cable, satellite or an antenna, so they had never seen any of the Times Square NYE celebration. They had no idea what I was talking about, and my excitement about watching a ball drop seemed pretty strange!

21. Where would you like to go? Lots of places. And I wouldn't just like to go; I'm going to go.

22. Name three people who will complete this. I have no clue.

23. Do you own slippers? Yes. They are pink and I purchased them four years ago from the mart of wals.

24. What shirt are you wearing? Black/white horizontal stripes. Not slimming. I also wore it yesterday. And I bought it and wore it while pregnant.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I have never slept on them. I like to sleep on high-thread-count cotton sheets. Or my scratchy old couch.

26. Can you whistle? No, not very well at all. I can stick my fingers in my mouth and make a very loud whistle, though. But my dad's is louder and he doesn't even have to use his fingers.

27. Favorite color? I like pink and also black, but technically that is an absence of color. And look, now I've gotten it stuck in both italics and bold, and I'm too lazy to switch to HTML and fix it.

28. Would you be a pirate? The sailing all over the world and seeing all the different ports, yes. The pillaging, stealing, and other law-breaking (and scurvy), no.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Arrgh, bold again!!!!!!! I sing a lot, but not usually in the shower. If I do, it's usually show tunes.

30. Favorite girl’s name? I really like the name Adelaide.

31. Favorite boy’s name? Sawyer? Seth was also on my list.

32. What’s in your pocket right now? I thought nothing, but closer inspection revealed a small piece of plastic that says "Dixie" on it (as in cup). I have no idea when, where, or why it got there.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? Sawyer. All the time.

34. What vehicle do you drive? A red 1996 Ford Ranger.

35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? My broken elbow (worth the bold, for sure.)

36. Do you love where you live? Ummmmm....if living in my truck seems like a reasonable alternative, umm...... Just kidding. I have liked my trailer, the student housing trailer park, and Logan. I'm just ready to move on.

37. How many televisions do you have in your house? One. And when it sells, we won't have any.

If you suffered through that, I will reward you with these photos of an adorable child in a laundry basket.





3 comments:

  1. If you like Adelaide, you might like this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKqIrMNv0yY

    Great song by my fav band

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANG Sawyer is so dang big and cute!! That's insane! Look at his teeth! WOW! by the way...that is a WAY small laundry basket! is that for sawyer's socks or for two of your shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those questionare type things, they're so funny! I can't believe how big Sawyer is getting, he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete