Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I love being made fun of!

Last week I had lunch with my dear friend L, who mentioned some downsides of her townhouse community in the suburban SLC area. Among other things, she told me her ward is like a BYU singles ward, but with married people (and I'm thinking not wards from poor, run-down BYU housing, but the nice ones on the hill where everyone has his/her own private bathroom and the parking lots are full of BMWs and Hummers). That tells you just about enough right there. Also, she said the blogs within the ward are so braggy and competitive. I thought I maybe knew what she was talking about, but I didn't really "get it" until Jen recommended the blog "Seriously, so blessed" in response to my last post. Check it out at www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com .

It's a dead-on satire of all the stay-at-home Mormon wives and moms who blog about every little (blessed) mudane detail of their lives. In other words, people like me!!! (Multiple exclamation points figure heavily, of course.) I know, I know, I brag about my AWESOME mobile home all the time, and you are all secretly jealous of my lifestyle and my super-romantic husband, right?

Anyway, I recommend you head on over there and take a look for yourselves. But I warn you, you'll probably recognize yourself (even if it's just a little), but that makes it all the more funny.

----

As for news, Tyson and I are leading a somewhat itinerant lifestyle as the Hogle Zoo/Tyson's job decision is still up in the air. Sawyer's top middle teeth are coming in further, and a top side tooth has broken through too. He is working on saying Dada, and knowing what he is saying. He copies growling noises and copies me when I say "Ow!" when he pulls my hair. Awww, what a cute little monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment