Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back from Vacation

We're back from our trip to Southern Utah. Now, this was no regular trip to southern Utah. Most of the time you go to the Moab area or the St. George area. This time, we went to both. And yes, they are on completely opposite sides of the state, and separated by Lake Powell. So the trip involved lots of driving, but we had a really great time and got to see lots of family on both the Baker/Rowley side and the Heaton side.

The trip kicked off Wednesday when Tyson drove me and Sawyer to my parents' house in Salt Lake. Tyson went to a job interview (more on that later), while my parents and I loaded up the car for our trek to Monticello, Utah. Monticello is my mom's hometown, where my Grandmom and Granddad still live. A small town in the Southeast corner of Utah, Monticello has a population of about 2,000, most of whom I'm related to. (Just kidding, but sometimes it seems that way!). Tyson had school and work on Thursday, so Sawyer and I rode down with my parents.

I think I'm going to have to finish this later, because I don't feel very well right now...








3 comments:

  1. i love the hammock pictures! they are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaahhhh....Monticello in the summer. What a great place. I'm glad you guys had fun, although it looks like you did a lot of work at the same time!! Isn't Evan the most cuddly boy ever? Sawyer is getting so big. He is one handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah 4th of July in Monticello, I still have good memories from the year I went with your family!

    Coloring books, huevos rancheros, the pond at the cabin (I may have blocked out any memories of a swing....), corn on the cob at the park....

    Good times.

    ReplyDelete