Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lucky for me, my camera is broken!

I never thought I would say those words (the ones I said in the title), but today it's true, because my sister blog-tagged (blagged?) me to do a post where you take photos RIGHT NOW of the following things, with NO CHEATING:

#1 Post a picture of the kitchen sink
#2 Post a picture of your toilet
#3 Post a picture of your laundry room
#4 Post a picture of the inside of your fridge
#5 What your hubby/kids are doing right now
#6 Favorite shoes
#7 Favorite room
#8 Your closet
#9 Your dream vacation
# 10 Self portrait as you look right now

Pictures of most of these items would be embarrasing or horrifying today, so I'm so glad I have no camera with which to document them! However, in the interest of honoring the notoriously strict rules of blog-tag, I will breifly describe what the photos would have shown.

#1 Post a picture of the kitchen sink

The kitchen sink has a rinsed out milk jug in one side, and a bunch of formula powder in the other. When I opened a new can of formula for Sawyer's bottle a couple of hours ago, the can *poofed* all over the counter, and I wiped it into the sink. So that picture wouldn't be *too* embarrassing, unless it also showed the pile of three cutting boards and three knives that have been waiting to be washed for more than three days.

#2 Post a picture of your toilet

Bathroom cleaning day was supposed to be Monday. And I didn't do it.

#3 Post a picture of your laundry room

Oh, you mean my nursery? The washer has Sawyer's canvas laundry basket on it, and the dryer has a changing table on it. At least my laundry is done and folded - I can say that much.

#4 Post a picture of the inside of your fridge

Anyone who has ever been to my house or my parents' house is familiar with Condiment Village, aka the refrigerator.

#5 What your hubby/kids are doing right now

Tyson was napping when I started this. He is now awake and using his laptop. This is how we spend a sort of alarming amount of time - him at his computer, me at mine. In a reversal, Sawyer was awake when I started this, and is now napping.

#6 Favorite shoes

I'm quite partial to this new fancy-dancy pair I got at D.I. a month or so ago. They are gold leather 3" heel sandals, from the late seventies or thereabouts, in awesome condition. I know most people would be frightened of buying/wearing secondhand shoes, but not me. Another pair I like a lot are some gorgeous 3.5" heel tan/gray leather mock-crock ankle-strap sandals I got on clearance at Ross for, wait for it, 75 cents!!! Regular non-Ross price would have been about $75, so that's a savings of...I was going to figure out the percentage, but I don't feel like math-ing right now. But a big savings!!! I would have liked them anyway, but in my world anything is even cuter if it was a great deal.

Of course cute, dressy shoes like the aforementioned pairs have little use in my world right now. I always find myself reaching for my black flats, my black flip-flops, or even, horrors, my old running shoes, which I had never worn except for, well, running (and other outdoorsy activities) until I became "a mom". Now I wear them to the store and out to dinner. Oh dear!

#7 Favorite room

Oh, you mean my laundry room/nursery. I live in a trailer, without a lot of likable rooms, you know? My living room was painted salmon orange/pink by the previous occupants, and I got sick of painting after doing the bathroom and bedroom, so pink it remains. I like Sawyer's tiny little room because it is always clean and because he is there.

#8 Your closet

Phew! This one is presentable. The actual walk-in closet, that is. But what we refer to as the "closet room" (the room you walk through to get to the closet (not our bedroom, our king-sized bed only fit into this other room in the trailer)) -- the closet room is the most unpresentable thing in the world right now.

#9 Your dream vacation

My dream vacation is a travelling the Mediterranean on a big sailboat or yacht, and going ashore for excursions in Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Spain, France, and Italy. My more-realistic dream vacation is a beach vacation somewhere more accessible, like Mexico.

# 10 Self portrait as you look right now

Today is one of those days where I am fairly presentable and the house is not. I just look usual. I have makeup on and my hair is brushed. Go me!

Soooo....I tag Kari, Emily, Alice, and Jessica for this one!

3 comments:

  1. What a good sport you are, sister! I do feel very sorry about your camera situation. We still have our sometimes working/sometimes not working camera that you are welcome to use until you get another one. Do you want me to bring it on Sunday? Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sister, but we really are planning on getting a camera very soon. I'm just having a difficult time deciding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went to take some pictures, and my camera said "memory card error".

    Must be something going around.

    ReplyDelete