Thursday, May 22, 2008

Q & A

I got this from Allie's blog. You know how it goes... Copy and paste, then replace my answers with yours.
1. What does your spouse call you?

Lisa, or sometimes babe, or mujer (spanish for woman, I think?), but he says it twangy, like moo-hair, so it sounds very unflattering. This is usually when I am running late or being sassy.

2. What do you bake/cook that you do better than anyone you know?

I like to cook, but I don't think I have any real specialties that are better than anyone else's. I'm pretty good at throwing things together without a recipe.

3. What is the most important thing you do for yourself?

Take as long of a shower as I want (well, until there's no more hot water, which isn't really that long). When I'm in the shower, I pretend I don't have a care in the world. It is MY time. It's best when I can follow it up with *really* getting ready, not just pulling my hair into a ponytail and wearing no makeup.

4. What is your favorite thing to do with your kids?

Just one kid, in my case, and I love story time right before bed. He gets so excited when I pull out the books. I also like singing him "Bye-o", and anytime he is in his pajamas, because he looks so cute and like he is still my little baby.

5. What was the last date you went on with your spouse?

We actually just got home from a movie date. We saw the new Indiana Jones movie (I don't even know what it's called...skull something?). It was pretty good. This was only the second movie we've been to in the theater since Sawyer was born, so it was quite a treat. I'm pretty spoiled this week, because a few days ago Tyson took me out to dinner while my sister tended Sawyer. Then we went to Smith's Marketplace and it felt like a real date because we held hands (something we never get to do when out with Sawyer). Thanks, hubby!

6. What made you smile recently?

After watching Carrie Underwood perform a song with the chorus "And I don't even know his last name" on the American Idol finale last night, Tyson made up his own version of the song, making fun of how trashy Carrie's song was. Tyson's version was pretty dirty, as you might imagine, but it was hilarious, especially for something improvised. I about died laughing. Sawyer wasn't as amused.

7. Where would you most like to be right now?

Exactly where I am.

8. What is your favorite job to do around the house?

Loading and unloading the dishwasher. I find something very satisfying about a full, properly-loaded dishwasher, and I like unloading because it is one of the only "clean" chores around the house.

9. What is your least favorite job around the house?

Definitely washing dishes that can't go in the dishwasher. It's not that bad once I'm doing it, though.

10. What should you be doing right now, instead of answering my silly about you questions?

Going to bed.

Since my camera is dead and we haven't bought a new one yet, I will add a picture from a while ago. A looooooong while ago! Me and my dad on a daddy-daughter date about 16 years ago. Happy Birthday yesterday, Dad! (Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, everyone.)




4 comments:

  1. One question: are you wearing a flowered jumpsuit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess--

    Short Answer: Yes, basically.

    Long Answer: No, not technically. It was actually pants and a shirt, and a a fabric belt-thing. An off-brand version of something popular in the late 80's/early 90's called "Units"...all these coordinated mix and match items in cotton jersey, in plain colors and patterns. But people also wore onepiece flowered jumpsuits in the same era. They were usually in chintz patterns, and basically looked like floral clownsuits, with parachute-y pants. Sick, huh?

    I know it was way before your time. You were, like, in preschool or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to comment on your awesome "units" outfit.

    I wonder when those will make a comeback?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty much in love with that picture! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete