Sunday, May 4, 2008

Kittens R Cute!, Sawyer On the Move, Mineral Makeup

Sawyer the Scooter

Don't put Sawyer on the ground and expect him to stay where you put him; he's on the move! Sawyer scoots and creeps all over the place, and crawling looks imminent. He's been getting himself stuck in all kinds of places -- his lower half wedged under the couch, his legs and arms stuck in his crib rails, his whole body under the coffee table. I snapped these pictures of him in that last location. He kept looking up through the glass and trying to grab the things that were sitting on the surface. Look at those little teeth, too!


Sawyer's 6-Month Checkup

Sawyer went to the doctor Monday, April 28 for his six-month checkup. He is in perfect health, and growing right on curve. He is still in the 50th percentile for weight (17 lbs. 2 oz.), and is in the 90th percentile for length at 27.5 inches. His head measurement was 45th percentile, which may or may not be accurate due to the difficulty of measuring his unique little head. He had to get two immunization shots and an oral vaccine as well. Sawyer showed extreme bravery, barely crying at all with the shots. However, he suffered some mild side effects including sleepiness and loss of appetite over the next few days, poor kid. He wouldn't drink very much from his bottles, so he ended up constipated. He did not fuss or complain, but he seemed listless and lethargic compared to his usual chipper self. Luckily, he started snapping out of the funk on Friday night, and he seems to be feeling all better now.

The day after Sawyer's shots, I came into the living room to see this:

Tyson had moved Sawyer's bandaids from his legs to his head. The decoration was short-lived, however, as Tyson soon realized Sawyer thought he found a better place for the bandaids -- in his mouth, of course. Ew! Thanks, Daddy!


Kitten Progress

And now thing you've all been waiting for: more kitten pictures. The kittens are just shy of three weeks, and they just get cuter with each passing day. I believe this is the phase where they stop looking like skinny little rats and start looking like fluffy little kittens.

They do not like to cooperate with my picture-taking urges! I don't think I got one picture where they were all facing the same direction. Some of my favorites from yesterday's "shoot"...

Mineral Makeup Anticipation

In a final note, my Bare Escentuals mineral makeup starter kit is supposed to arrive tomorrow from Sephora. I'm so excited to try it and see if it lives up to all the hype! I don't know which would be worse -- that I'll hate it, and have wasted my money, or that I'll love it, and feel compelled to continue wasting my money for the rest of my life. I'll report back with my review.

3 comments:

  1. I have eagerly been awaiting the arrival of the mineral makeup to see if I, too, will be paying a ridiculous amount of money for the rest of my life in pursuit of a flawless complexion. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't decide if you loved sawyer more or those cats! obviously they are tied with tyson running in dead last on the love list! :) it was so nice to talk to you! oh my word..sawyer is ridiculously cute! i'm not even saying just a little bit..i knew he was going to be a stud the first time i saw him but holy crap lisa he's a beautiful baby! i miss you guys! we can't wait to have out own place and then maybe you guys can come play for like a month?! sounds sweet! we plan on buying around thanksgiving/christmas time so PLEASE stay with us! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun at the shindig too (yes, I LOVE that word)! And of course, right when I was leaving, Eric called and said he was on his way. I wasn't feeling very good though, so I told him to just head home. Your kittens are so cute though, they make me so excited for ours to come! And the cutest of all is Sawyer! I think Lacey fell in love with him on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete